Sleek Makeup 860 Havana Lipstick Palette Review

29.7.15

SLEEK MAKEUP HAVANA LIPSTICK PALETTE REVIEW, SLEEK MAKEUP HAVANA LIPSTICK PALETTE SWATCH
SLEEK MAKEUP HAVANA LIPSTICK PALETTE REVIEW, SLEEK MAKEUP HAVANA LIPSTICK PALETTE SWATCH
SLEEK MAKEUP HAVANA LIPSTICK PALETTE REVIEW, SLEEK MAKEUP HAVANA LIPSTICK PALETTE SWATCH
I never really understood lipsticks that came in a palette. They are not practical at all, you always have to have a lipstick brush (It has to be clean!) and it takes so long to apply when compared to a standard lipstick in a bullet. For some reason, I was drawn to these colors and I thought it would be a good idea to try something different.

This palette has two satin lipsticks and two glosses. It comes with a small lip brush, which is pretty good. I usually struggle to use such small brushes, but not with this one. The packaging is also really nice.

  • Frappuccino (Gloss) is the only shade I would never wear on its own. It's very peachy yellow and it doesn't have the best color payoff. This is actually ideal to mix with the other shades and create an ombré lip or simply to make your lipstick lighter.
  • Cookie (Satin) is the perfect 90's lip color. It's a light brown with a hint of mauve. Also, it's highly pigmented and long lasting.
  • Crème Brulee (Satin) is a dark brown with a red undertone. It's super pigmented and it stays on for many hours. It's soft and moisturizing.
  • Rum (Gloss) is a beautiful burgundy and the most stunning dark gloss I've tried. It's highly pigmented, considering its finish.
Overall, I'm going to wear these frequently, even Frappuccino! This is definitely aimed for makeup artists or people that enjoy "creating" their own lip color. If you are someone who doesn't have time to spend applying lipstick, you would find this quite a bother. Personally, I really enjoy trying new things and playing around with makeup. I would totally repurchase it.

Have you tried any of these lipsticks in a palette? If so, let me know your favorites!

You Might Also Like

6 COMMENTS

  1. This looks amazing! Fab photos as always!!
    Jennie Emma
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing! Stunning photos such a well thought out post, props to you! X

    Portugal beach days over on-
    hailandharmony.blogspot.ie
    // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
  3. The darker colours look absolutely beautiful, definitely gonna pick put this palette seems perfect for the autumn/winter.

    Zeynab x
    The Beauty Load

    ReplyDelete
  4. This lipstick palette does look lovely... I don't usually use lipstick palettes, but I always gravitate toward them... I like the idea, but I don't find them practical. The size of this one seems more practical, like it wouldn't be a pain to take with you for the day. I just placed an order from Sleek... and I wish that I had added this to my cart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you! If you ever get a chance of picking this up, definitely go for it... I use mine all the time! xo

      Delete

YOUTUBE

Request A Post