Flawless Foundation Routine

31.8.15

FOUNDATION ROUTINE FOR OILY SKIN, MY FAVORITE FACE PRODUCTS, HOW TO FLAWLESS BASE
I often get questions about which foundation I use and how to achieve a "flawless" base. Here is a peek into my favorite face products. I have oily skin but depending on the time of year I develop dry patches, so far this routine has been effective for my needs and liking.

I always start by applying, with my hands, the Nivea Men Sensitive After Shave Balm all over my face in circular motions. This will create a sticky base that will keep the foundation in place. Since I have some large pores I also apply, with patting motions, the Benefit Porefessional and instantly I can see that it fills those areas. For around six months I've been using and loving the MAC Matchmaster Foundation, it gives a matte finish and it's perfect for oily skin. To apply this product I alternate between a buffing brush and a beauty sponge. Next, I usually use the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer for my under eyes and blemishes. To blend it and still maintain a full coverage I use a damp beauty sponge. The final step is to set everything in place in order to prevent it from creasing and budging. To do that I swear by the Laura Mercier Translucent Powder, which as a matter of fact, I need to repurchase because I just finished my sample.

Have you tried any of these? What are some of your favorite face products?

You Might Also Like

10 COMMENTS

  1. Now I'm curious to try after shave! I don't think my husband would mind... That Nars concealer is absolutely fantastic! xxxxx

    www.romantiquely.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! It will "change" your life xo

      Delete
  2. The NARS concealer and the Benefit Porefessional are in my daily routine, they're such great products!

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore both the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer and the Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder. I've been so curious about the Nivea Men After Shave after seeing NikkiTutorials recommend it. I think I might pick it up during the next month x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should get the Nivea After Shave, I still can't believe how amazing it is! xo

      Delete
  4. After shave? That's a new one! Thinking of trying it out myself. Thanks for sharing! I have yet to try Benefit's Porefessional, I have been using Maybelline's Baby Skin, but it's probably time for me to switch up things.
    xx,
    richelledaily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?! I only tried the Nivea After Shave after hearing NikkieTutorials talk about it and I'm so glad I did! I've always wanted to try the Maybelline's Baby Skin... Is it good? xo

      Delete
  5. I have the same skin type as you and I am always looking for a new foundation. Maybe I should try the Mac Matchmaster!

    Beautybydaisychain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great foundation! I really hope you will love it as much as I do! xo

      Delete

YOUTUBE

Request A Post