How To Prep Lips For Matte & Liquid Lipstick

12.5.16

How To Prep Lips For Matte & Liquid Lipstick
Wearing a matte lipstick or even a liquid lipstick seems like a "safe" option. They last a long time and have that beautiful opaque finish. But most of the times, it won't look half as good as it looks on the photos we see online. I struggled with applying these kind of lipsticks before. They can make lip lines appear deeper and crack after a few hours of use. However, if you know how to properly prep your lips, you can achieve a flawless look.

EXFOLIATE
This step is crucial, especially if you already have chapped lips. A lip scrub or even using your toothbrush will get the job done. In case you don't have a lip scrub, you can make one yourself by simply mixing honey and sugar.

MOISTURIZER
I can't stress enough about how important it is to keep your lips moisturized. Applying a lip balm or even your normal face moisturizer beforehand will "fill in" those fine lines. Just don't forget to remove the excess product before applying the matte/liquid lipstick.

LIP LINER
Using a lip pencil with a similar color to your lipstick of choice, will help you get perfect edges. It will serve as a guideline and help prevent bleeding, as in lipstick running out of your actual lips and into those fine lines around your mouth.

A LITTLE BIT GOES A LONG WAY
When it comes to liquid lipsticks, I learned that it's better to apply a fine layer instead of using way too much product. This way you most likely won't have any cracking happening. Also, using a lot of product will leave a very thick feeling to your lips.

CLEAN THE EDGES
Final step is to choose a concealer that matches your skintone and correct any rough edge. This part will give you that "photoshopped" effect.

What are some of your tips for a perfectly applied lipstick?

You Might Also Like

6 COMMENTS

  1. I exfoliate my lips. Use lip liner and I put a bit of concealer on my lips too. Also if you want a long lasting matte I use chanel ultra wear or Mac retro liquid matte. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the MAC liquid lipstick. They are amazing, aren't they?! I just looked up the Chanel Ultra Wear and I feel like I need them in my life! Thanks for sharing your tips and the recommendation <3

      Delete
  2. I exfoliate my lips. Use lip liner and I put a bit of concealer on my lips too. Also if you want a long lasting matte I use chanel ultra wear or Mac retro liquid matte. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tips, I never use lip liner but now I definitely will

    http://estefaniareviews.blogspot.mx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It makes such a huge difference. I'm sure you will love it!

      Delete

YOUTUBE

Request A Post